Communication Services for Donation
Medical Rule-out Screening
The most basic level of screening rules out referrals for donation based on age criteria only. Statline’s additional Medical Rule-out Screening probes deeper into the referral to determine donor suitability. The referral is medically screened according to rule-out criteria provided by the client organization. During the start-up process for Medical Rule-out Screening, we develop a training module for our triage staff outlining any known issues so that we may take extra care in handling your hospital staff appropriately.
Statline is capable of backing up anyone’s communication call center in cases of scheduled meetings and/or when natural weather emergencies force the closure or evacuation of their office. As an example, we have handled the communication backup when hurricanes have threatened costal OPOs and forced their communication center to close for several days. It should be noted that this service is available for emergencies and staffing overflow only.
As a messaging service, we are equipped to handle a wide array of message types.
Currently we service:
- Incoming calls requesting general information e.g., general public questions regarding donation, media calls.
- Incoming organ offer calls which are referred to OPOs or transplant centers.
- Incoming calls for specific individuals regarding transplantation.
Communication Services for Transplantation
Statline strives to alleviate the stress of the Organ Offer and Allocation Process with a highly developed infrastructure that already handles medical screening criteria for OPOs nationwide, 24/7/365. The processes implemented by Statline are supported by a robust system that allows Transplant Coordinators to focus on the critical clinical work instead of managing offers and logistics. Processing vital information quickly and effectively has made Statline a valued partner in the donation and transplant community since 1996.
Hearing is Believing!
Listen to Actual Calls to Families…
- Reduce costs
- Improve outcomes
- Triage DonorNet offers
- Handle preliminary triage DonorNet offers
- Handle preliminary evaluation and tracking
- 24/7 monitoring of all offers
- Timely decline of offers based on TX Center criteria
- Filter out “noise” on cases that will not result in a primary offer
- Only viable offers are presented to Transplant Coordinators or surgeons
- Gets the job done with equal, if not greater, efficiency and effectiveness
- Powered by the intelligence, features and capabilities of our StatTrac® system
- Reduce Transplant Coordinator/Surgeon burnout and improve performance
- Reduce turnover
- Staff coverage 24/7/365
- Quality-infused processes
- Electronic monitoring tools
- Automatically timed triggers so an offer won’t be forgotten or overlooked
- When taking patient calls, our Transplant Services can be trusted to handle patient calls with the same degree of compassion and patience you would
- Whenever Transplant Services staff contacts your clinical staff, every call is recorded and maintained in a permanent electronic file
- When facing a hiring freeze, our Transplant Services team will alleviate the subsequent burden on your coordinators
- By simultaneously tracking and comparing multiple organ offers against multiple waiting lists, our Transplant Services via the StatTrac® system can provide real-time notice to your clinical teams
- The StatTrac® system’s Automated Page/Response capabilities expedite accurate communication
- Statline is the nation’s largest and most established provider of donor screening services
- All calls are handled by highly trained coordinators at Statline’s Communication Center
- Continuous coverage means no break in process or service due to vacations, turnover or sick days
- We benefit from 3 different DHS programs: TSP, GETS and WPS (read more here)
- Statline has handled over 10,000,000 donor referrals to date
- Existing technological relationship and integration with UNOS
- It is our firm belief that together, Statline and our transplant program partners will change the future of the Organ Offer and Allocation Process.
- We’re the best in what we do. We’re Statline – We Make Life Better!
Statline has extensive experience in taking transplant patient calls. These calls range from taking a message to be passed on to the clinic the next day to things much more serious and medically urgent.
Examples of patient calls include:
- running out of a prescription
- need to make an appointment with the patient’s physician
- reporting abdominal pain and swelling
- coordination of calling patients in for surgery